BIO REEF ROCK
Its here at last!!!!!
We have been waiting so long ourselves for this to arrive so we can put this in our own personal tank. We just broke up (yes broke up) a marine tank 8 x 3 x 3. This was due to trying to maintain it was hard work although the water quality was good as we obviously have access to all the top equipment we could not reach the bottom easily when doing maintenance. So decided to go for a more gentle 4 x 2 x 2 tank.
The tank has arrived but we did not want to go down the same path as before using tonnes of expensive live rock which after 4 years becomes pretty useless as a filter media so were waiting for the Brightwell / Continuum rocks to be manufacted in just the same way as their bricks plates and cubes which have massive usable surface area and are designed to filter for up to 50 years.
These are the perfect solution to any aquarium and perfect filtration for a nano aquarium as 1 rock with plenty of water movement around it will offer you the greatest filtration you could want in a nano tank. Over time they will colour up to give the perfect appearance of live rock
- BIO REEF ROCK has the highest porosity and largest use-able surface area per unit weight or volume of all filtration media available anywhere in the world. It is all hidden inside of a rock that looks very much like a natural reef rock!
- Each rock is cast by hand in pliable molds which only last for a few castings before needing to be replaced however this gives the best appearance of natural rock.
- Each rock provides huge amounts of aerobic and anaerobic surface area for efficient bacterial colonisation thousand of times larger than natural reef rock.
- Provides over 71 000 square feet (6 596 square metres) of surface area per litre of media. One Medium sized rock (M1 or M2) has about 65 000 square feet of usable surface area for bacterial colonisation.
- When properly colonised and used as directed it will reduce toxic ammonia and nitrites to near zero in either aquariums Marine or Freshwater and ponds.
- They also reduce phosphates significantly and dissolved organics.
- Doped with real aragonite to buffer PH at the bacterial level preventing acid build up which eventually kille the bacteria and reduce capacity as happens with live rock and other media over time.
INSTRUCTIONS AND GUIDES.
Use one or more rock per 50 to 250 Gallons of system capacity. You can use more for heavier bio loads. It is not recommended that you fill and entire aquarium with just these rocks you only need a few. (Even though we would love you to buy lots). The rock can be seeded with Our Continuum Bacterclean M for marine or Bacterclean F for freshwater. Allowing it to stand overnight in a container. When soaked you can add to your aquarium and even add the soaking mixture if you wish.
Please note the rocks are doped with real Aragonite (Natural coral stone) so will tend to buffer any softwater aquarium. It is therefore not recommended for them because it can cause a rise in PH. But this is well suited to hard water aquariums such as African Cichlid systems marine brackish garden ponds and other aquariums that need high KH or PH.
Cast by hand so shapes may vary.
Check out my eBay Store CLICK HERE FOR DISCOUNTS AND BARGAINS!